This post will cover setting up auto charges for a sales order in Dynamics AX.
Setting Up Your Auto Charges:
- Navigate to Accounts receivable | Setup | Charges | Auto Charges
- Click on New
- Account Code=All
- All will include all customers, selecting Table or Group will restrict the customers that are affected.
- Add Line
- Set the “Charge Code” field.
- Set the “Category” field
- Set the “Charges Value” field to the amount that you would like to charge for that amount range
- Account Code=All
- This will cause a charge of $2.50 to be added to all sales orders
- To create a tiered charge, you will add the “From Amount” and “To Amount”
- Leave the “From Amount” field blank.
- Set the “To Amount” field to $500.
With the Charges value set to $2.50, the “From Amount” left blank and the “To Amount” set to $500. A charge of $2.50 will be assigned when the Sales Order invoice amount less than $500.
You are able to add as many tiers as you need for your scenario. If you would like to charge $5.50 for all Sales orders with a total less than $500 and $2.50 for Sales Orders from $500.01 up to $1,000. You would add another line with the Charges value field set to $2.50 “From amount” set to $500.01 and the “To amount” set to $1,000. To cover all invoices you would add a third line with a Charges value set to $1.25 and a “From amount” of $1,000.01 and a “To amount” left blank.
Applying the charges to a sales order:
- Navigate to Accounts receivable | Common | Sales Orders | All Sales orders
- Select the Sales order that you would like to add the charges too.
- Navigate to the Sell tab, in the calculate section click on Tiered charges
- You will get an info log informing you of the status, if the tiered charges were calculated or not.
- To view the charges on the sales order, with the sales order still selected in the Sell tab click the Charges Tab.
- You will see a line for the charges, the invoice that I selected was an invoice with a total over $1000 so there is a charge of $1.25