As the year comes to an end, it's important to make plans for your Dynamics GP year-end close. Microsoft is slated to release the Dynamics GP year-end update in mid-November. There will be no W-2, W-4, or W-3 form changes....
With the year at completion, it is time to think about processing a year-end close in AX. Dynamics AX has a different year-end close than most systems, as you are able to run it as many times as you need....
The steps required to close a fiscal year in Dynamics NAV are relatively simple. First, accounting periods need to be closed via the “Close Year” function on the “Accounting Periods” page. Secondly, a journal needs to be created via the...
Microsoft Dynamics GP clients who are up-to-date on their annual enhancement receive year-end and tax updates completely free. These changes allow you to comply with filing requirements and automatically update your tax tables with little to no work on your...
The 2017 Year End Update has released for all versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP. This update is important for all users to install as it not only updates important payroll and accounting information but also fixes software bugs. All Versions...
When the weather outside gets frightful, completing your year-end payroll shouldn't be. With Microsoft Dynamics GP, closing out payroll can be completed in just a few steps. Prior to starting closing procedures, the following actions should be implemented: Make sure you have...
While the new year ball drop is a celebration for many, for accounting and financial professionals it takes on another meaning: year-end close and 1099's. The Stoneridge Software team has covered a variety of topics surrounding year-end and common occurrences...
I was just walking through the Year End Close on AX 2012 R2 and I noticed that the Public Sector close form was coming up and I was getting the error: Posting definitions are required for year end general ledger...
This workshop is designed to help your team understand how security works in D365 Finance and Operations, how to set up security measures, and the different security methodologies.
This class will take place every day from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., July 9 – 10.
- Security concepts
- Dynamics AX application security (user setup with security, security role forms, customizing security)
- Implementation methodologies
- Review of methodologies
- Lab of each methodology type
9 (Tuesday) 9:00 am - 10 (Wednesday) 4:30 pm CST
With Dynamics 365 Business Central, all businesses can take advantage of the benefits of ML and AI and use those insights and technologies to change the business landscape, become more
With Dynamics 365 Business Central, all businesses can take advantage of the benefits of ML and AI and use those insights and technologies to change the business landscape, become more efficient, and reduce manual processes. Learn the differences between ML and AI and see how businesses today are using this technology.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 11:00 am CST
This comprehensive training material provides you with an in-depth view of the extensive functionality contained within the Human Resources and Payroll applications. Besides learning the functionality, you will
This comprehensive training material provides you with an in-depth view of the extensive functionality contained within the Human Resources and Payroll applications. Besides learning the functionality, you will also learn tips and techniques that can help make an implementation successful, and you will gain a thorough understanding of the HR and Payroll applications and its capabilities. The training material covers the setup of the Payroll and Human Resources modules. It covers the processing of Payroll checks, and the everyday tracking of Human Resources. It also covers the Applicant functionality found in Human Resources so you can track the necessary information to hire quality employees. The training material also discusses the Attendance functionality which can be used to track employee attendance and absences using time codes. The integration of Payroll and Human Resources is also a focus of this training material.
This training material is targeted toward administrators, implementers, consultants, and end-users who need to understand the technical aspects of using the Microsoft Dynamics GP Human Resources and Payroll modules and want to gain the ability to manage employee and applicant information. Direct Deposit is also covered in this training material. This training material focuses on an integrated Human Resources and Payroll system.
At Course Completion
After completing this training material, individuals should be able to:
– Use Payroll Setup windows to customize the application to organizational needs
– Understand the available global setups that are available in Human Resources
– Set up Benefits and Deductions in Human Resources and Payroll
– Set up Attendance including time codes and accruals and how they are attached to employees
– Create pay codes, deduction codes, benefit codes, taxes and other employee-related items used to calculate Payroll checks
– Assign methods to calculate vacation and sick time for employees
– Process, generate and void Payroll checks for employees
– Use Human Resource Employee windows and be familiar with how they may be used to track necessary data about employees
– Use the Applicant system to better suit your organizational needs
– Use miscellaneous Payroll and Human Resources tools such as Payroll Gross-Up, To-Do Lists, and Compensation Management
– Create Human Resources and Payroll report options and produce desired reports
– Print numerous other Payroll documents such as W-2’s, 1099R’s and others
– Use Direct Deposit instead of generating checks for certain employees
– Close the Payroll year and prepare the system for the next year
Before attending this training material, it is recommended that individuals have:
Some working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP
Some basic understanding of Payroll law and regulations
16 (Tuesday) 8:30 am - 18 (Thursday) 5:00 pm CST
Join Will DiGiovanni on a webinar focusing on two of Greenshades’ most popular solutions. Find out how the online employee portal can revolutionize your HR and Payroll processes across multiple
Join Will DiGiovanni on a webinar focusing on two of Greenshades’ most popular solutions. Find out how the online employee portal can revolutionize your HR and Payroll processes across multiple departments and empower your employees. In addition, Payroll departments can breathe a sigh of relief at seeing how easy payroll taxes can be with the Greenshades Payroll Tax Service. This webinar will be a demonstration highlighting the simplicity of these client-driven solutions.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Change is constant in business today and it’s especially challenging when you are implementing a new ERP or CRM system. Join Eric Newell as he talks about what users experience
Change is constant in business today and it’s especially challenging when you are implementing a new ERP or CRM system. Join Eric Newell as he talks about what users experience during change and strategies you can use to overcome objectives and achieve the results you want from that change.
(Wednesday) 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CST
Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations One Version will help you stay current in a consistent, predictable, and seamless manner – but what does that mean for users? During this webinar,
Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations One Version will help you stay current in a consistent, predictable, and seamless manner – but what does that mean for users? During this webinar, you’ll learn the cadence of updates, how they are implemented, and what your part is. You’ll leave with an understanding of how to prepare, plan, manage, and implement updates moving forward. We’ll also be answering any questions you have about One Version for FinOps.
(Wednesday) 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm CST
Current Dynamics NAV users are at a crossroad – remain on-prem or move to the cloud with Business Central. Learn about the advantages of moving to Business Central including how
Current Dynamics NAV users are at a crossroad – remain on-prem or move to the cloud with Business Central. Learn about the advantages of moving to Business Central including how the Microsoft cloud benefits your business, cost of ownership, new functionality, and more.
(Wednesday) 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CST
Latest Blog Posts
- Tips to Create a Personal Dashboard in Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement (CRM)
- How to Increase User Adoption During CRM Implementations
- Overview of Overhead Codes and Groups in Key2Act Service Management
- Top 5 Reasons Modern Accounting Technology for Agriculture Businesses is Crucial
- Set Up Your Relevance Search in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Top Ten New Business Central Features in the October 2019 Update
- Inventory Management in Microsoft Dynamics GP: U of M Schedules
- How to Create Labor Rates in Key2Act Service Management
- Configuring the Timeline in the Unified Interface for Dynamics 365 CRM
- Accounts Payable
- Business & Leadership
- Business Intelligence
- Cumulative Updates
- Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Dynamics AX
- Dynamics CRM
- Dynamics GP
- Dynamics NAV
- Field Service
- General Technology
- Human Resources
- Lean Manufacturing
- Lifecycle Services
- Management Reporter
- Office 365
- Power BI
- Procurement and Sourcing
- Project Management
- Public Sector
- Set Up
- User Tips and Tricks
- Work Culture