Christine Kurowski is a Consultant on the Dynamics NAV / Dynamics 365 Business Central team at Stoneridge Software. Christine has a background in accounting and served as an IT Application Analyst before venturing into consulting. Her experience has expanded to include daily user support, training users on new functionality, designing custom KPI Jet Reports, and specialized expertise in Power Platform functionality. Currently, Christine is a Power BI Blue Belt and an involved member of the Michiana Power BI User Group.
Christine holds her bachelor's degree in accounting from Indiana University South Bend.
Christine holds the following Microsoft Certifications:
- Data Analyst Associate
- Power Platform Fundamentals
Q & A with Christine
1. How did you get into the Technology Consulting field?
When I worked as a Staff Accountant, it was painful running daily reports and financial statements from outdated information systems. I enjoyed finding Excel hacks to help automate data analysis then sharing those tools with the accounting team – by setting up pivot table templates, we were able to reduce our close time by 1 day. When an opportunity arose to work with a Microsoft Partner, I was intimidated by the leap to technology. I embraced the challenge because I was so amazed learning about NAV features I would have loved to have had in my prior role. Five years later, I’m still fueled by creative problem solving, but now I’m working with evolved tools I wouldn’t have imagined when I started my journey: Business Central and Power Platform.
2. What is new & exciting in your profession right now?
Power Platform 2020 Release Wave 2 available now includes a ton of enhancements to AI I can’t wait to explore:
- - Conversational AI – make your bot conversations more delightful
- - AI Builder Power Automate- train and build no-code models and enhance the intelligence of your business apps using your data in Dynamics 365, Office 365, and Common Data Service
- - AI for BI – no code, users can discover hidden, actionable insights in data and better drive business outcomes
- - Power Platform AI Prediction models - The predictive model grades its performance and reliability and identifies key influential data
- - Robotic Process Automation – RPA in a Day workshop content for Power Automate Desktop
3. Stoneridge has a culture of continuous learning, how have you taken advantage of the learning & development opportunities?
I earned my first two Microsoft Certificates this year! I took on the Data Analyst Associate exam and teamed up with a group of coworkers for a study group for the Power Platform Fundamentals exam. I also access our Stoneridge Software LMS with On-Demand class recordings/supporting documents/slides/links etc. to revisit prior trainings or catch up on content I missed.
4. How do you like to spend your free time outside of Consulting?
I like to get outdoors to practice yoga and take the dogs to the park