The technical experts at Stoneridge Software can help you get the most from your investment by making sure your IT professionals’ best understand how to maintain each of the components in a Dynamics AX environment. A Microsoft Dynamics AX Admin Workshop will help you learn how to best manage your Dynamics AX environment, understand best practices for installation, configuration, managing and troubleshooting your Dynamics AX deployment.
- Understand the key configuration settings in Dynamics AX
- Learn how to configure security to best fit your organization’s needs
- Understand some of the tools available to help you troubleshoot issues
Stoneridge Software Director of Technical Consulting Catherine McDade conducts Admin workshops for the relevant roles on the implementation and project team. The topics covered will give you the information on best practices for installation, operation, and maintenance. Workshops are held periodically onsite at our Minneapolis office location, or they can be scheduled at client sites by request.
Our Dynamics AX Admin workshops cover:
- Application Object Server (AOS) – An Application Object Server (AOS) is a core component of the Microsoft Dynamics AX installation and is installed by using Setup. An AOS enforces security, manages connections between clients and the database, and provides the foundation where business logic for Microsoft Dynamics AX is executed.
- Client/Server Configuration Utilities – The Microsoft Dynamics AX Configuration utility enables Microsoft Dynamics AX administrators and developers to specify settings for Microsoft Dynamics AX clients and the system-wide .NET Business Connector.
- System Administration – This workshop will review the system parameters, common maintenance procedures, and administrative capabilities available.
- Security – In Microsoft Dynamics AX, individual security permissions are combined into privileges, and privileges are combined into duties. The administrator grants security roles access to the application by assigning duties and privileges to the roles. You will learn the key differentials in AX security.
- Moving Environments – In Dynamics AX information specific to an environment is stored in the database. For this reason there are specific steps that must be taken to update the environment specific information.
- Code Deployment – The deployment of code varies from one customer to another depending on some of the customer’s needs, requirements, and resources. Learn the basic ideas of code deployment and other variables that depend on your requirements and existing processes.
- Performance – Performance issues is something everyone might deal with during an implementation at some point. The admin workshop teaches important tools available to you to use in different scenarios.
Request your AX Admin Workshop.
This four-day Microsoft Dynamics AX Admin Workshop is available upon request or held periodically at the Stoneridge Software office in St. Louis Park, with class times 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday – Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday.