At Stoneridge, we take privacy seriously. This privacy statement discusses personal information that Stoneridge collects, and the ways in which Stoneridge uses that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
Stoneridge may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Name, your personal or business email address, your job title, employer, and telephone number.
- Information about your use of this website (including web browser used, IP address and cookies or other electronic trackers)
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website (including registering for more information on the site) or through a connected third-party application
- Any other information that you send to Stoneridge
- Information provided by a third-party for a business purpose
Using Personal Information
Stoneridge may use your personal information to:
- Administer this website
- Personalize the website for you
- Enable your access to and use of the website services
- Supply services that you purchase
- Send you statements and invoices
- Collect payments from you
- Send marketing communications
Where Stoneridge discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Stoneridge may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to subscribe to our services, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery of the services. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process refunds.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience of our services and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or PIPEDA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Stoneridge assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Stoneridge about users of our services is among the assets transferred.
- Stoneridge will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Stoneridge may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve months, Stoneridge has disclosed personal information to its service providers for the following business purposes: delivery of our services, account administration, customer service, transaction processing, processing and delivery of account statements, and research and analysis.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve months, Stoneridge has not sold personal information.
Your Data Rights and Choices
Rights that you may have, depending on the jurisdiction in which you live, may include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your personal information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent.
- Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Contacting your local data protection authority.
California Privacy Rights
The California Privacy Protection Agency (CCPA) provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Stoneridge disclose certain information to you about the collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once your verifiable request is received and confirmed, the following will be disclosed to you:
- The categories or specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information collected about you.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom personal information was shared.
- If your personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows reasonable verification that you are the person about whom personal information was collected or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows proper understanding, evaluation, and response.
- Your request cannot be responded to and personal information cannot be provided if identity cannot be verified or authority to make the request confirmed to be related to you.
Canadian Privacy Rights
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) provides consumers (Canadian residents) additional protections regarding the personal information of Canadians. This section covers rights and how to exercise those rights. Personal information collected about you from your use of the website includes name and employment. PIPEDA does not cover business contact information that may be collected about you from your use of the website, such as an employee’s name, title, business address, telephone number, or email addresses that are collected, used or disclosed solely for the purpose of communicating with you in relation to your employment or profession. Stoneridge ensures compliance with the 10 fair information principals to protect personal information, specifically:
- Stoneridge is accountable for the safe collection, retention, safeguards, and disposal of any personal information received from you.
- Identifying Purposes. Stoneridge will only collect personal information in accordance with the “Personal Information Collection” section of this Privacy Statement for the purpose under “Using Personal Information” under this Privacy Statement. Stoneridge will not collect or use personal information beyond these purposes.
- You must consent to the personal data collected and the purpose of collection. By submitting information on this website, you hereby consent to Stoneridge collecting your personal information submitted for the purpose indicated on your submission. Additionally, when you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, or arrange for a delivery, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- Limiting Collection. The collection of any personal information is limited to the purpose identified and consented to.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention. Stoneridge only uses and discloses personal information for the identified purposes for which the personal information as collected.
- Personal information collected is accurate, complete, and updated as necessary.
- Stoneridge has implemented safeguard procedures under the “Securing your Data” section of this Privacy Statement.
- Our Privacy Statement is available on the website at any time.
- Individual Access. You retain the right to inquire about the personal information collected about you. This includes where the information was obtained, how that information is or has been used and to whom, if anyone, the personal information was disclosed. You may request any personal information is correct and amended as necessary. If any personal information requires an update or an amendment, Stoneridge will notify any third parties as appropriate. Upon request, Stoneridge will provide a written or electronic copy of the personal information collected.
- Stoneridge is happy to assist with any inquires or complaints regarding personal information. All complaints received are investigated diligently. If you would like more information about applicable policies, or you would like to see exactly what personal information collected about you, or if you wish to register a complaint, please refer to the “Contact Stoneridge” section or contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Response Timing and Format
Stoneridge responds to all requests received from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Stoneridge endeavors to respond to a verifiable consumer request within thirty (30) days of its receipt. If more time is required, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with Stoneridge, a written response will be sent to that account. If you do not have an account, written response will be delivered by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures provided will cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response provided will also explain the reasons Stoneridge cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, a format will be selected to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Stoneridge does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If it is determined that the request warrants a fee, Stoneridge will tell you why that decision was made and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Securing your Data
Stoneridge will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Stoneridge will store all the personal information you provide on cloud-hosted servers provided by Microsoft Corporation.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this Statement
You should check this page periodically to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website may contain links to other websites.
Stoneridge is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Start the Conversation
It’s our mission to help clients win. We’d love to talk to you about the right business solutions to help you achieve your goals.