Expensify Process Instructions in Dynamics 365 Business Central
Processing starts from the Expensify Integrations Entries page. Either use the Search utility to find “Expensify Integration Entries” or navigate to Company Information > Setup > Expensify Setup > Expensify Integration Entries
(The page is also located directly on the Accountant and Business Manager Role Centers.)
Expensify Integration Entries – Get Expensify Entries
1. To import expense records, click “Get Expense Entries”
a. Expensify Status*:
i. Approved (Recommended setting – Approved in Expensify)
ii. Reimbursed (Reimbursed through Expensify)
iii. Archived (Archived in Expensify)
b. Start Date* e.g. 01/01/17
c. End Date: e.g. 01/31/17
d. Advanced Options
i. Report ID Filter: Enter an Expensify Report ID to only import that individual report.
ii. Include Previously Exported Entries: Checking this box will include Expenses that have already been exported (within the other filters). Any duplicates will be flagged in the entries table.
e. Click OK to run the Import
Once the import completes, you’ll be presented a confirmation message:
Expensify Integration Entries – Process Status
The Process Status field is how you review and update expense entries. The objective is to all entries “Ready to Process” which means the expense entries are ready to create the General Journal.
Process Status values and troubleshooting:
- Data Error: This value most likely indicates a mapping error of some kind. The Error Description will report the first error found for the entry. You may have to resolve more than one before the record is Ready to Process.
- Duplicate: This value occurs when the Expensify “Transaction ID” already exists in your Expensify Integration Entries table. If you do not change the status to “Cancelled” this entry WILL create a General Journal (you’ll receive a warning/confirmation at the time).
- Ready to Process: The entry is ready to process and create a General Journal for posting.
- Journal Created: The General Journal has been created.
- Cancelled: This entry has been cancelled.
Example: Data Error where the Expense G/L Account No. is blank due to a mapping issue. In this case, the G/L Account can be manually entered to resolve the error.
Update the Expense G/L Account No. and the Process Status field auto-updates to “Ready to Process”
Create General Journal
With all data errors resolved in Process Status, you are ready to create the General Journal.
2. Click “Create General Journal”
Once the journal completes, you’ll be presented with a confirmation message:
Review and Post the General Journal
Open the General Journal by clicking Edit General Journal from the ribbon bar:
3. Review the General Journal entries that are ready to post. You can review the Vendor, Bank, or G/L Accounts that will be impacted by this posting.
4. When ready, Post or Post and Print to process the journal.
Your expense processing is complete. Depending on your process, you might also wish to process Vendor Payments (to reimburse your employees) at this time.