Microsoft Power BI Workshop Overview
The technical experts at Stoneridge Software can help you get the most from your data through Microsoft Power BI. A two-day Power BI workshop will cover Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, and Power BI Gateway – from the introduction to the intermediate course.
- Familiarize yourself with Power BI Desktop
- Understand how to connect to data sources
- Understand how to transform data
- Understand what a data model is and how to build one
- Author reports using the Power BI Desktop
- Understand Security in the Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service
- Create dashboards via the Power BI Service
- Connect your on-premise data sources to the Power BI service
Stoneridge Software conducts Microsoft Power BI workshops for the roles of business users, power users, and casual users. This workshop covers an introduction to advanced concepts of Power BI. This Power BI workshop engages you with hands-on exercises to get you familiar and comfortable with the Power BI Desktop application and service in addition to Power BI report designing and publishing. Workshops are held periodically onsite at our Minneapolis office location, or they can be scheduled at client sites by request.
You will learn the differences between Power BI Desktop and the Power BI Service and how to connect it to your on-premise data through the installation of the Power BI Gateway. You will walk away with an understanding of how to connect to data sources, transform your data and author reports using these different services.
- Introduction to the Power BI Platform
- Installing Power BI Desktop
- Introduction to the Power BI Desktop
- Overview of the Power BI Desktop Interface
- From Zero to Hero – A Practical Exercise in Power BI
- Extracting and Transforming Data using Power BI Desktop
- Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- Time Intelligence
- Designing Reports
- Visual Guidelines
- Publish Reports to Power BI
- Working with SSAS Cubes
- Power BI Service Pro vs Free
- Power BI Service
- Data Management Gateway
Stoneridge Software is a unique Microsoft Gold Partner, with emphasis on partner. With specialties in Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, we focus on attracting the most knowledgeable experts in the field to our team, and prioritize delivering stellar solutions with maximum impact for your business. At Stoneridge, we are deeply committed to your results. Each engagement is met with a dedicated team, ready to provide thorough, tailored, and expert service. Based in Minnesota, we intentionally “step into your shoes,” wherever you are. We focus on what you care about, and develop trusting, long-term relationships with our clients.