Stoneridge Software invests in team member wellness because of the benefits it has on individual well-being and overall company success.
To kick off the year, the Wellness Committee is excited to launch a new program – Good Health for the Whole Self. Each quarter has a dedicated theme with activities, information, and ideas to help you stay motivated!
For Q1, we are focusing on physical activity + weight loss/maintenance. Here are a few ideas to help get you moving and keep you going:
We all know that maintaining a healthy weight is an important part of our overall wellness and quality of life – but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. Have you considered using an app to help you stick with your plan? We loved this article on the top apps for 2017 to keep us on-track towards our health goals!
Examples of Activity
Not a fan of the treadmill? Not a problem! Fitting in activity can look different for everyone. Check out this article from the American Heart Association that makes incorporating exercise easy & convenient.
Since daily exercise isn’t always realistic for everyone, what can be done to ensure we are taking strides toward a healthy lifestyle? Interestingly enough, researchers have found that exercising a few times a week appears to be just as good as every day. So however and whenever you are burning calories – way to go!
Extra Tips from Coach Chris Roehrich:
I prefer to work out in the morning, so it doesn’t cut into my family time after work.
- #1 thing is to remove barriers that make it difficult to get out of bed.
- Assemble your gym bag the night before, so you can just grab it in morning on your way to the car. You do not mess around with looking for your gym essentials (e.g. headphones, water bottle, shoes, etc.). It’s important to be efficient with time – the sooner you get to the gym, the sooner you’ll be done!
- Set the thermostat in the house so the temp is comfortable at wakeup time. This is especially important during winter months – leaving a warm bed can be resistance.
- When the alarm goes off, jump out of bed! You have to decide mentally to go for it and overcome any resistance. If you get out of bed, you have cleared a big hurdle. This process will get easier with practice. It takes several weeks to create a new habit – you’ll be an early bird sooner than later!
- Most people have more energy during the day!
- Eating healthier throughout the day becomes easier because you’ll want to keep the momentum from your workout!
- You can accomplish absolutely nothing else the rest of the day and still feel accomplished.
Our culture sets the tone for our teams, so we want to create and maintain a supportive, healthy work environment and strong wellness initiatives to keep everyone engaged and motivated. Please continue to share your ideas and successes with the entire team!
Cheers to a wonderfully healthy year!
*Briana Scearcy is a member of the Stoneridge Software Wellness Committee, committed to guiding and encouraging a healthy workplace culture for the body and mind.