2021 Wave 2 Release Highlights for Dynamics 365 Customer Service
The 2021 Wave 2 Release of Dynamics 365 is set to deploy in October and will include updates to every business app. In this blog, we’ll highlight the release updates coming to Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
The 2021 October release of Dynamics 365 Customer Service will focus on four key areas:
- Enable customers to be up and running quickly.
- Deliver the all-in-one contact center.
- Improve knowledge authoring and management.
- Transform contact center routing.
Agent Experiences and Productivity in Dynamics 365
Agent Workspace Inbox View:
- Allows agents to effectively navigate their emails or conversations and address their customers' issues in a timely manner while using the core productivity features of their agent desktop, such as timeline, recent cases, AI-based suggestions, and knowledge search.
- Simplified navigation that currently needs to be enabled by administrators will be available by default.
- Migration of productivity tools to the new extensible App side pane.
Increase Agent Productivity with Contextual Collaborating Using Embedded Microsoft Teams:
- Agents who use Dynamics 365 Customer Service can easily collaborate with anyone within their organization, such as agents from other departments, supervisors, customer service peers, or support experts, over Microsoft Teams to resolve customer issues, without leaving the case or conversation. Chats over Teams will be linked directly to Customer Service records, enabling a contextual experience.
- Chat with Contacts.
- Access to AI-driven suggestions of agents who resolved similar cases.
- Link and unlink chats to case records.
Modern Control for Subject Entity:
- New user experience that will make it easier to view and search the subject tree hierarchy.
Improvements to the Universal Resource Scheduling-based service scheduling experience:
- Requirement groups allow you to define groups of resources that would be appropriate for a job and to then schedule all of those resources with a single search. The new schedule board will now support requirement groups, enabling users to directly make or update a booking.
Scheduling and IoT capabilities in Customer Service workspace:
- Brings to Customer Service workspace the ability for agents to seamlessly manage appointments using the scheduling capabilities, and proactively resolve issues created from IoT alerts by leveraging the IoT capabilities.
- Set up resources, resource categories, services, and so forth.
- View and manage schedules on the schedule board.
- Manage appointment and service activity bookings.
AI-suggested keywords and brief description for knowledge articles:
- Automatic suggestion of article keywords based on an article's title, content, and existing keywords present on the article.
- Automatic suggestion of article description based on the article content.
Relevance search integration for knowledge management in portals:
- Enable portal users to use relevance search to search the knowledge base.
- Filter knowledge articles by product or language.
Usability improvements in knowledge management:
- Easy and intuitive experience for adding and managing knowledge article attachments.
- Visual cue to help distinguish internal and external knowledge content in the knowledge search results card.
- Improvements to the publishing experience.
- Reordered knowledge article command bar to allow easier access to frequently used actions.
- Variety of enhancements including:
- Call intelligence.
- Call recording.
- Call transcription and real-time sentiment analysis.
- Consult and transfer.
- Direct outbound calling.
- Embedded analytics for voice channel.
- Intelligent voice bot via Power Virtual Agents and Microsoft Bot Framework.
- Modern admin experience.
- Supervisor monitoring and barge.
- Topic clustering for voice.
Learn more about each of these features and other updates coming in the October 2021 Wave 2 Release here.
If you’re not currently using Dynamics 365 Customer Service, reach out to the experts at Stoneridge to learn about how each solution can help you reach your goals.
If you are using Dynamics 365 currently, we’d love to help you get the most out of your solution and put these new features into your processes. Contact us today to start the conversation.