The April 2019 release of Dynamics 365 has been out since April Fools Day. But when you look at all the improvements it is surely anything but foolish. The link to the release notes are below:
You will see that the section for Business Central starts on page 215 and you can hop right there from the table of contents. But you may wonder about the title of the document and what the “Power Platform” is. It is Power BI, PowerApps and Flow. We will go over each of these applications in the future but you should understand that Business Central is part of the impressive Dynamics 365 suite of business applications. Dynamics 365 together with the Power Platform and combined with Office 365 are your tools for Digital Transformation. Some of the productivity improvements that make this version even easier to use include:
- Synonym search so that instead of searching for “Item Charges” you could type the industry-standard term of “Landed Cost” and it will bring you to that feature.
- More short cut keys have been added as well as the list of short cut keys in the help section
- You can now select multiple items in one fell swoop to add to sales or purchase documents.
- All name and description fields have been lengthened to 100 characters from the traditional 50. Wow, this was a long time coming…
- There is no more fetching of rows when scrolling on lists such as items, customers or document lists. The system pulls it up instantly without a delay.
- The work date is displayed on the screen to alert advanced users that it may be different than today’s date.
- There is now a merge feature allowing you to merge the history of duplicate Vendors, Customers, and Contacts.
The above is just some of the over 100 improvements added in the last six months. You should familiarize yourself with the linked document as well as inside of Business Central. Please let us know if you need any help with your system.