Dynamics 365 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan Announced
New insights into what is coming in the 2019 release wave 2 for Dynamics 365 is now available. These features will be released from October 2019 through March 2020. The following excerpt from Microsoft highlights the overall updates and changes coming.
The 2019 release wave 2 enhances artificial intelligence capabilities to help organizations accelerate their transformation of customer service, sales, and marketing functions:
- Sales Insights empowers teams with more foresight, to enhance productivity and better anticipate outcomes across the sales lifecycle.
- Customer Service Insights provides an actionable view into critical performance metrics, operational data, and emerging trends using industry-leading artificial intelligence.
- Virtual Agent for Customer Service enables organizations to create AI-powered bots that chat with customers and provides new opportunities for organizations to improve customer service through digital transformation.
- Customer Insights enables every organization to unify and understand their customer data to harness it for intelligent insights and actions.
- Market Insights enables business users to gather actionable insights based on what consumers say, seek, and feel about their brands and products.
- Fraud Protection enables the e-commerce merchants to drive down fraud loss, increase bank acceptance rates to yield higher revenue, and improve the online shopping experience.
The 2019 release wave 2 continues to add a whole new set of experiences to enhance employee productivity using mixed reality:
- Remote Assist empowers technicians to solve problems faster the first time.
- Layout provides a new way for space planners to bring designs from concept to completion with confidence and speed.
- Product Visualize empowers salespeople to convey the true potential of their products to their customers by harnessing the power of augmented reality on their mobile devices
- Guides is a mixed-reality application for Microsoft HoloLens that enables employees to learn in the flow of work by providing holographic instructions when and where they need them.
These new features can be accessed as early as August 2, 2019, when users can try out the updates before they are automatically enabled for end-users. Moving forward, Microsoft will identify which new features are enabled automatically for users and admins, and which need to be enabled or configured by system administrators.
The wave 2 release notes include a variety of new features for every facet of Dynamics 365. Highlighted new features are listed below. This list is not inclusive of all features. You can access the full 370-page release note document here.
Finance and Operations
- Data and process integration updates
- Data feeds for third-party integrations
- FinOps data in Common Data Service
- Intelligent Insights in Financials
- Platform Updates
- User productivity new grid, saved views, filtering enhancements, personalization enhancements
- Embed Power BI into analytical workspaces
- Priority-based scheduling for batch jobs
- Improved experience on mobile devices
- Supply chain management
- Purchase agreement enhancements
- RFQ activities
- Vendor bidding
- Pick-line grouping
- Split demand replenishment work from create pick work step
- Material handling/warehouse automations
- Support for technical upgrades
- Covert tables from C/AL definitions to AL table definitions
- Cancel issued reminders and finance charge memos
- End User Updates
- Add links to navigation menu
- Customize a user profile without writing code
- Filter option fields by multiple values
- Save and personalize list views
- Enhancements to Excel integrations
- Capture more customer communications
- Contextual email communication
- Improve or simplify common sales workflows
- Business card scan
- Simplified lead management
- Agent productivity
- Timeline usability enhancements
- Bot-assisted agent guidance
- Enhanced Search experience
- Proactive chat
- Skill-based routing
- User navigation history
- Get alerts when people talk about your product, brand or company on the web
- Additional types of insights
- Share insights with others
- Drill into details of your insights directly from the newsfeed
- Initial set of insights
- Define relevant topics for your business
- Integrate with Dynamics 365 for Sales
You can access details about these new features and all other planned updates here. If you have questions about the 2019 release wave 2 plan, how to preview or implement the updates, or Dynamics 365 in general, please reach out to the experts at Stoneridge Software.
Under the terms of this license, you are authorized to share and redistribute the content across various mediums, subject to adherence to the specified conditions: you must provide proper attribution to Stoneridge as the original creator in a manner that does not imply their endorsement of your use, the material is to be utilized solely for non-commercial purposes, and alterations, modifications, or derivative works based on the original material are strictly prohibited.
Responsibility rests with the licensee to ensure that their use of the material does not violate any other rights.