Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 is Available
As promised, Microsoft released Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 on December 1, 2017. This new version is full of features requested by Dynamics GP users and will enhance the user experience through a variety of enhancements.
We recommend that you do not upgrade to Dynamics GP 2018 until the first service pack is released, which is usually a few months after the full release. This ensures that any add-on ISV products are fully compatible. It also ensures you don’t run into any bugs that slipped through the cracks in the new version.
No matter what, always double check that your add-on products are compatible before upgrading. Contact your GP partner and they will be able to assist you.
Below are the updates that are included in GP 2018, straight from the Microsoft GP development blog:
Power "Suite" Evolution
- Support Paging, Filtering, and OData V4.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Power BI Content Pack.
Comprehensive Doc Attach
- Check out the windows were document attach was added.
- You can now view and modify attachments in inquiry windows.
- Drill back capability from Transnational information.
- New sort options on many windows giving the user easier access to find information.
- No more annoying prompts for the System password!
- No more arguing is it check or cheque? It is PAYMENTS.
- Better user experience when using web client with Autocomplete, SmartList and Bank Reconciliation.
- SmartList Favorites with unique password protection.
- There is a new Fabrikam Day.
Optimized Financial and HRP
- Who wants to see those pesky garnishment reports that slow down the process of my payroll?
- HUGE request from clients, ability to roll down items from Payroll Setup to inactive records.
- Our users like the changer functionality/ability, who wants to be stuck with old code names, so we added DEPARTMENTS!
- Copy user access across Analytical Accounting dimension codes.
- Restrict Inactive records in your Payroll Master lookup windows, yeah who wants to see that old stuff?
- Ability to Email a single statement from the client card.
- Purchase Order Gen open PO List with new PO's filter
- Purchase Order number displays on the Requisition List for originator and sends notifications to the requisition originator.
- Print Purchase Requisition
- Display hold Status on the Sales Transaction Entry.
- Vendor Setting Optimizations - One check per Invoice and Save Select Payment
- Human Resource & Payroll Solution Series - Reprint Distribution Detail and Summary reports.
- Human Resource & Payroll Solution Series - Wellness and Health Insurance Integration.
- Reminder emails for workflow, EPIC!
- I need an easier way to manage my existing workflow - COPY WORKFLOW STEPS! SWEET!
- Reporting for Workflow, I need that.
- General Ledger Account Workflow Approval
- Purchase Receiving Workflow (PO Invoices)
- Purchase Enter/Match Invoice Workflow
- Payables, Purchase Order, and EFT Bank Detail Additional fields for Workflow
- Project Accounting improvements in Workflow
- Employee Self Service Workflow/email enhancements.
If you need any assistance with your upgrade or have any questions, feel free to contact us.