Predictions for Dynamics 365 in 2019
Over the last few years, we've seen significant changes in
technology and how we think about software. Siloed systems and manual processes
have been replaced with fully integrated solutions that allow information to travel
easily and quickly between departments and employees, no matter where they're
located. These integrated systems allow for elevated business intelligence that
empowers companies with accurate information to make more informed decisions
based on their deeper understanding of sales, orders, inventory levels, labor
requirements, and much more.
As we move into 2019, businesses will continue to move from on-premise ERP solutions like Dynamics NAV and Dynamics AX to the cloud with Dynamics 365. Dynamics 365 is a complete end-to-end solution for both small to mid-market companies and enterprise level corporations. Businesses taking advantage of Dynamics 365 will see many benefits in the new year that will put them ahead of their competition and allow them to better leverage their data.
Predictions for Dynamics 365 Users
- Integration between CRM and ERP systems will become the standard, ensuring quote to cash is as seamless as possible.
- Intelligence built into the system means users can build custom dashboards using Power BI to leverage data from various sources.
- This will help marketers evaluate the success of campaigns and understand audience engagement.
- Sales team members can better optimize their sales strategies with churn measurement and pipeline forecasting using relationship health scores.
- Managers will get a clear view of finances and projections for the year.
- Managers will turn to Universal Resource scheduling within Dynamics 365 to schedule complex combinations of resources by considering the availability of employees, facilities, and equipment.
- We'll see an increasing number of apps and add-on features, which the team at Stoneridge will continue to evaluate and offer recommendations on.
- Upgrade processes will shift and system administrators will spend more time testing changes prior to accepting the upgrade from Microsoft.
- Little to no time will be spent planning and preparing for massive upgrades that take extensive time and resources.
- The modern user experience and platform will allow users to work from any device and virtually any browser, anywhere they have an internet connection. This flexibility will help workplaces hire the right people, regardless of their physical location.
- Because of the user-friendly interface and easy navigation, companies will spend less time training new users.
- Budgeting for software will become more predictable, as costs for consulting, hardware, IT resources, and training will diminish.
- Less time will be spent on cyber security internally with intrusion detection and penetration testing becoming the responsibility of Microsoft.
We're excited about the direction of Dynamics 365 and look forward to keeping you informed on the trends, new features, new apps, and much more during 2019. Make sure to sign up to receive our blog posts directly in your email inbox.
Under the terms of this license, you are authorized to share and redistribute the content across various mediums, subject to adherence to the specified conditions: you must provide proper attribution to Stoneridge as the original creator in a manner that does not imply their endorsement of your use, the material is to be utilized solely for non-commercial purposes, and alterations, modifications, or derivative works based on the original material are strictly prohibited.
Responsibility rests with the licensee to ensure that their use of the material does not violate any other rights.