Stoneridge Software’s Employee Wellness Program Recognized by Minnesota Business Magazine
Stoneridge Software has been recognized for the company's wellness program by Minnesota Business Magazine's Innovators in Health & Wellness. Every year Minnesota Business celebrates the excellence of the companies and people that make up Minnesota’s world-renowned health care industry. This year's focus and scope of the awards to gave greater emphasis to the roles of wellness and health technology.
Stoneridge has been named a finalist in the category of Company Wellness Program. With a tight labor market in the technology industry employee recruitment and retention is an important issue. Stoneridge places value on their employees by providing their team members incredible benefits and wellness tips, tricks and events to support a healthy lifestyle.
"As a professional services firm, our people are everything," says Chief People Officer Briana Scearcy. "Stoneridge has placed an emphasis on the overall well-being of the team. This includes not only providing a well-rounded, affordable benefits package but incorporating health and wellness activities into the everyday workplace. This focus has paid off in attracting employees and resulted in a lower turnover rate than much of the industry."
Stoneridge has an active “Wellness Committee” that is focused on differing health and wellness themes each quarter that are supported through education, activities, and ways for team members to implement the healthy lifestyle change in their everyday life. The most recent example has been the theme around “mental health”. In addition to the quarterly wellness themes, Stoneridge also provides their employees the following:
- Standing/sitting desk options
- Online collaboration space (Yammer) for Wellness ideas
- Smoking cessation program, counseling, and support
- Provides free – healthy – beverage options to ensure employees to stay hydrated
- Provides access to onsite gym at Minneapolis office location to employees for free
- Reimburses $20-40/month for gym memberships
- Brings in guest speakers for Lunch and Learn sessions (ex: speaker from the American Heart Association)
- Confidential, convenient mental health resources and support
- Partners externally with businesses such as TC Fit for a guided stretch break session
- Encourages work/play (life) balance through flexible working hours to accommodate a healthy lifestyle
- Gave away fitness trackers as prizes in friendly office competition
- Encourage weight loss/weight maintenance with education and contests
- Provide healthy snack choices at company meetings
- Online health assessment; incentive for annual physical
- Doctor on demand; free 24/7 access to a physician from anywhere
Find out more about career opportunities at Stoneridge Software.
Nominations for Minnesota Business Magazine's Innovators in Health & Wellness awards were collected over a two-month period and reviewed by an external judging panel consisting of industry experts across all professional platforms. The finalists in this competition will be highlighted in the December issue of Minnesota Business and winners will be announced at a special event in November.