Top Dynamics GP Must Have and Nice to Have Features and Functionalities
Often when we assist companies using Dynamics GP, we find many are only using approximately 30% of their software’s functionality.
Stoneridge Software can help you go through your registration keys to see what modules you currently own and if you are using them. From there we can give you instant feedback on some of the features and functionalities you’ve been overlooking and how they can help you.
How to Start Optimizing Your Dynamics GP Environment
The first thing we can do is sit down with you for a free kick-off session. We will talk with you and your team and develop a list of “Must Haves” and “Nice to Haves” for your Dynamics GP environment.
If you haven’t done this already, we recommend contacting us so you can get started on it. It not only gives you an opportunity to better utilize your current tools, but it might also open you and your team to new ones.
Dynamics GP Features and Functionalities: Must Haves
Here are some examples of questions you can ask yourself and your team when creating a list of “Must Haves” to address your immediate needs:
- Do you have a proper security setup for your users within Dynamics GP?
- Do you have some new team members in your company, that need training NOW?
- Do your AR, AP Subledgers, and General Ledger control accounts not balance?
- Does your bank reconciliation balance not match your General Ledger Bank balance?
- Do you wish that your Sales Invoice, Customer Monthly Statement, or PO Order was more legible?
- Do you have Project Accounting or Manufacturing, and your inventory allocations show incorrect values?
- Do you require help as Management Reporter? Does your Balance Sheet not balance?
Dynamics GP Features and Functionalities: Nice to Haves
While not every feature is essential, there are a few other things you can consider that can help your business operate more efficiently. I call these “Nice to Haves”:
- Modify – Create your reports directly in Microsoft Dynamics GP. This includes SSRS Reporting as well.
- SmartList Builder – This allows you to build lists that bring together module information and data in consolidated reports.
- Modifying the desktop look of Dynamics GP – We can help you customize any fields into “required fields” if that’s something you want to take advantage of.
- SmartConnect or Integration Manager – This allows you to streamline your entries and build imports from external databases in Dynamics GP.
Want to Learn More?
Stoneridge Software is here to help! Please get in touch with our team so we can help you maximize your Dynamics GP usage and expand your business’ capabilities.