Dynamics AX supports the business case of a customer returning goods through the use of a return order. The blog post will start with a customer invoice, then show how to create and process a return order against it. For our purposes, we will assume that our customer has reported problems with goods listed on a particular invoice.
How to Create a Return Order in Dynamics AX 2012
1. Identify the invoice to return against:
2. Create the return order: Note that I selected the customer by their name from the drop down, then I got this display:
3. We will fill in the lines on the return order directly from the sales order that was referenced in the invoice we chose at first:
4. We select the sales order lines to return:
5. So now we have a return order with several lines:
How to Receive the Return
1. Send the Return order to the customer
2. When the goods arrive, register each line on the order:
3. Each line will need a Disposition code:
4. Once we have a Disposition code, add the Line and post it:
5. Now it’s time to generate the packing slip:
6. Print and Post:
The Return Order is complete, and we can now issue a credit to the customer (In a separate process).