Microsoft Dynamics Enhancement and Advantage Plan Price Increase: What You Need to Know
Microsoft recently announced enhancements and advantage plan price increases for Dynamics 365 on-premise service plans:
“For the first time, Microsoft is adjusting prices of our Customer Services and Support plans. Effective October 1, 2022, pricing for Dynamics Enhancement Plan (EP) and Dynamics Advantage Plan (AP) will increase by 1% of Protected List Price (PLP). This change will impact the customer’s first renewal after October 1. For example, the list price of the Enhancement Plan will change from 16% to 17% of a customer’s PLP. This change does not impact Advantage Plus or Software Assurance (SA) plans.”
The affected Microsoft products include:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Microsoft Dynamics Point of Sale (POS)
- Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS)
- Microsoft Dynamics SL
Here is an example of how this might affect your annual EP payment:
Let’s say your total license investment is $100,000 (aka Protected List Price). Your annual EP is at 16% making your annual payment $16,000. This payment entitles you to make additional on-premise license purchases, new version rights, hotfixes, service packs, and regulatory releases. Now with the EP increase of 1 percentage point, your annual EP will increase to 17% making the annual payment $17,000 and the same benefits as before.
If you qualify for a Business Ready Advantage Plan (BRAP) here is an example of how this might affect your annual payment:
Your total license investment is $100,000. Your annual BRAP is at 18% making your annual payment $18,000. In addition to your EP benefits, you also receive six yearly problem resolution support incidents. Now with the BRAP increase of 1 percentage point, your annual BRAP will increase to 19% making the annual payment $19,000.
Thinking about moving to the cloud?
All Dynamics on-premises customers with active EP in the Dynamics Price List (DPL) are eligible, independent of licensed product, edition, or version, to license online services migration offers. Customers can take advantage of the discounted price, which is a key advantage to staying active on the annual Enhancement Plan:
- Dynamics 365 Cloud Migration promotion
- This offer provides a 40% discount for Dynamics on-premises customers moving to online services.
- Valid for 3 years
- Bridge to Cloud Promotion (offer ends 12/31/2022)
- This offer provides Business Central cloud licenses at a 60% discount through the offer term
- Allows clients up to 4 years to transition to the cloud at their own pace
- Applies to Existing DPL customers who are active on enhancements: Dynamics 365 Business Central, Dynamics NAV, Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL
- Provides licenses for Dynamics 365 Business Central online with dual-access rights to their current on-premises license (best of both worlds)
Plan for Success
A key mission at Stoneridge Software is helping clients make sense of Microsoft licensing by helping them review their critical decision factors and the cost options associated with choosing the right product. If you have concerns, questions, or would like to visit more on this topic please reach out to Stoneridge and one of our licensing experts will be more than happy to work with you!