Export to Excel and Easily Summarize Data in Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management
I am such a fan of the List pages of data throughout Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management! The ability to personalize the data and layout is incredible. With the latest grid enhancements that support grouping, calculating totals, and freezing columns, users can access information with increased efficiency.
When reviewing a substantial amount of information, the ability to “Export to excel” might be a great place to start. The export delivers the data to excel in a table. That format may not always your needs.
If you want to subtotal or summarize your data, please read on!
- After downloading the data, click enable editing.
- Click on the Table Design tab, select Convert to Range. Confirm the message with Yes.
- Click on the Data tab, select Subtotal (cursor may need to be set in a data cell)
- Define how the data should be presented. In this case, I want to create a Total by each vendor NAME by SUMMING the Invoice column. Click OK.
- Expand and collapse groups by using the controls (see the arrows) shown here.