Quick Tip: Copy Production to Sandbox Environment with Power Platform
Is your sandbox, test, or development environment in need of a data refresh? Or perhaps you would like to experiment with the full breadth of Microsoft Power Platform offerings without any risk to your production environment or data?
If these questions apply to you, consider copying your production environment to a non-production environment with these simple steps:
- Log in to the Power Platform Admin Center
- In the left pane, select the "Environments" tab
- Select your production environment, and then select "Copy" in the ribbon.
- In the pop-up window:
- Under "Copy over", select "Everything" to copy all data
- Select which environment to overwrite and consider provisioning a new environment to avoid data loss in the target environment.
- If applicable, restrict environment access to a security group
- Select Copy.
Note the processing time will vary based on the amount of data being copied.
Have questions about this or anything else related to Power Platform, Dynamics GP/CRM/365, Business Central, or IT/Managed Services? Contact Stoneridge Software today.