What is the Cost of a Microsoft Dynamics GP Upgrade?
Once you purchase Microsoft Dynamics GP, the system is yours. By paying the annual renewal fee, you are eligible to receive an upgrade to the system completely free. That includes new releases, tax table updates, year-end updates, and hot fixes. But what is the cost of a Microsoft Dynamics Upgrade?
The only price tag you have to pay for an upgrade is on the service side. Your business is unique in how it uses Microsoft Dynamics GP so each upgrade is quoted individually. The more modules and functionality that you utilize, the more time it takes to complete an upgrade. The main things that we take into consideration when preparing an upgrade quote are:
- The number of companies and databases you have.
- The version of Microsoft Dynamics GP you are currently on.
- The time it will take to complete your upgrade will depend on how many versions you are jumping ahead. Moving from GP 10.0 to GP 2013 takes a lot longer than moving one or two versions.
- The third party/ISV products you utilize (ex. KEY2ACT, eOne, Greenshades, etc)
- We want to make sure that all of the cogs in your software system work seamlessly together. We'll make sure that all of your products will work with the version of GP we move you to. If a version of GP was just released, chances are third-party solutions are not yet compatible. We’ll work with you and the ISVs to determine when to do your upgrade and to which version.
- The SQL version you’re on and the GP version’s specifications for the processor, operating system, RAM and disk space.
- How many computers in your office need GP installed.
- How many GP modules you want installed.
- GP now includes several modules and not all companies use them all. If you're not using a module currently, we can talk with you about your future plans. If you're never going to use the functionality, we won't take the time to install it.