How to Resolve ‘Number Sequence Exceeded’ Error in Dynamics AX
When the number sequence in Dynamics AX has reached the highest number, an error message will occur, “number sequence has been exceeded.” This can occur with any process done in Dynamics AX that uses a number sequence. The example below occurred when a sales order was trying to be confirmed. Due to the number sequence reaching the highest number, the system will not allow the sales order conformation to be completed.
To fix the issue, you will first need to look up the number sequence that will need to be changed.
1. Go to Accounts receivables> Accounts Receivables Parameters
2. Look for Conformation
3. Right-click view details on number sequence code (Sales_31)
4. Click edit
5. Add another # in an alphanumeric segment that will extend the value field
6. Add another 9 in the largest field
7. Click edit again to save
If the user is unsure where to find the number sequence within the user interface you can look up the RECID that displays within the error message.
Steps to look up RECID
1. Open up AOT (CNTL-D)
2. Go to Data dictionary>Tables
3. Look up NumberSequenceTable
4. Right click>Open
5. In the REC ID field lookup that RECID #
If you right-click on the number sequence and view details, it will bring directly to the number sequence form within the user interface.
If you need assistance solving this error, or other support questions about Dynamics AX, learn more about our services at Stoneridge Software.