Lifecycle Services for Dynamics AX
On July 1, 2013, Microsoft released a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for Microsoft Dynamics AX that provides a portal and a set of tools to aid in the deployment of the product. The SaaS platform and set of services are called Lifecycle Services. Microsoft has continued to make a major investment in this platform, releasing many new tools over the past few months to bolster its capability and make it a must-use for customers deploying Dynamics AX.
I have been writing several articles about the features inside of Lifecycle Services and will continue to add more as the features are built out further. This page will serve as the directory for those posts:
- Task Recorder Plus
- Issue Search
- Azure Environments (New Features)
- System Diagnostic
- Upgrade Analysis
I recently did a presentation for the initial meeting of the Iowa Chapter of the AX User Group (AXUG) to go through the features of Lifecycle Services. Here’s a link to that presentation: Lifecycle Services Overview Presentation (313 downloads)
The following resources are helpful in learning more about Lifecycle Services:
- LCS Website: https://lcs.dynamics.com
- LCS User Guide on TechNet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn268616.aspx
- LCS Blog: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/lcs
- Blog on Updates – https://medium.com/@satishthomas/staying-agile-with-dynamics-ax-updates-bca5a469d7b5
Let me know if you have any questions on Lifecycle Services for Dynamics AX and best of luck using this powerful toolset.