Recently, I was making some customizations to a report in Dynamics AX. I was adding a handful of new fields. The report was Precision Forms enabled and the new fields I had added were not displaying on the report. It should be an easy fix, but it took me a bit to find the issue below.
I checked various things:
1. I verified the dataset was refreshed on the report.
- To do so, open the report in Visual Studio.
- Right-click on the data set that you have modified and click refresh
2. I verified the new fields were in the dataset of the report.
- If not, verify your fields are selected in the field list by selecting your query and selecting the appropriate query/DP class from the list. This will open the field list below and you can select the checkbox for the fields you want to add.
3. What I didn’t know was that you must also add your new fields in the setup of precision forms for that report.
- Go to the precision forms setup
- System Administration > Setup > Bottomline
- Click enabled reports and select the report you are modifying.
- Click the Related Tables button
- Select the table you have modified and add the new fields to the list here.
Simple solution, hopefully, this will save you some research time when working with Precision Form reports!