Stoneridge Software Committed to Dynamics GP Support Well Into the Future
If your organization runs on Dynamics GP, you may have heard the announcement from Microsoft regarding the future roadmap for your trusted software.
While you may hear a lot about moving to the cloud or upgrading to Dynamics 365 Business Central, we want to assure you Stoneridge remains committed to supporting all of our GP clients today and into the future.
The Microsoft Dynamics GP roadmap runs through 2028 and beyond. There are some excellent enhancements coming to GP 18.6 that existing clients have been asking for. You will continue to see new features in 18.7, 18.8, and other future versions.
The most important point here is that nothing is changing for existing Dynamics GP clients, with the exception of pricing. However, there are some key points we would like to highlight:
- As of April 1, 2026, new customer license sales will not be available in Dynamics GP
- The price of the subscription and perpetual licenses are going up as of October 2023, but you will still be able to purchase additional users/modules
- Enhancement plan rates are increasing again as well from 17% to 18% - Also, Advantage plans are going up from 19% to 20%
- The implication for existing customers is on pricing only, as you can continue to purchase new licenses and modules beyond 2026
- There will still be tax and other product updates for Dynamics GP - This includes some awesome features already planned for the 18.6 release in October 2023
- The support lifecycle has not changed - 2028 and beyond
Dynamics GP has a loyal community and both Microsoft and Stoneridge are fully committed to supporting existing clients and partners. We want to reiterate that for existing GP clients, the only change is in pricing.
Stoneridge will continue to provide regulatory (tax) updates, security updates, and hotfixes to ensure the current version of Dynamics GP remains up-to-date. This includes usability and reliability updates needed to address top customer issues critical to ensuring businesses run successfully on Dynamics GP.
Want to Learn More?
We are always happy to work with you and to be your trusted advisors as you make your business plans in the coming years. Some of you will decide to keep running Dynamics GP on your on-premise servers, some will decide to move GP to Azure, and others will explore D365 Business Central and a full cloud transformation. No matter which camp you fall in, we would love to setup a call with you to discuss your organization's vision for the future.