On September 10, 2019, Microsoft announced the legacy web client for Dynamics 365 CRM will be deprecated. Customers must transition to Unified Interface before October 1, 2020.
This will affect Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Customer Service, Dynamics 365 Field Service, Dynamics 365 Project Service, and Dynamics 365 Marketing customers.
According to Microsoft, they will “continue to provide support, security, and other critical updates to the Dynamics 365 legacy web client until October 1, 2020, but will not release any additional functionality beyond what has already been announced.”
In addition, the following capabilities will also be removed from Dynamics CRM solutions by October 1, 2020:
We expect other current functionality to be depreciated within the next year. Subscribe to our blog to receive updated announcements about Dynamics 365 directly in your inbox.
Learn more about the Dynamics Customer Engagement Unified Interface:
- Introducing the Unified Interface for Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement
- Top 10 Reasons to Update the New Unified Interface for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CRM)
- Navigation and Views in Dynamics 365 CRM Unified Interface
- Updates to Forms in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Unified Interface’
- Form Updates
- Entity Based Dashboards
- Business Process Flows
- Role Based Apps and Views
- Navigation and Views
- Panels and Subgrids
- Artificial Intelligence
Contact Stoneridge for a free 2-hour upgrade analysis. We’ll help you gather the information you need before you transition to the new UI including:
• High-level state of your current CRM system
• Cloud and mobile strategy
• List of all third-party ISVs
• User processes
• Tenant analysis
• Deployment methodology
After the free upgrade analysis, you’ll receive all the findings from the team at Stoneridge Software. You can use that information to move forward with the update internally or learn more about the Unified Interface Update Offering from Stoneridge. This offering includes completion of all steps listed above, along with security, cleanup, training documents, deployment, training, hypercare, and more.