Dynamics AX Reporting Error: ‘No Connection Could be Made’
Are you receiving the error: “No connection could be made because the Target machine actively refused it?"
When you try to run the same report in SSRS reports site itself you received the error “AX_company name parameter is missing.”
This usually indicates that AX and SSRS integration is broken. So, here couple things to check/do:
1) In AX, check your service account (System Administration> Setup> System> System Service account). Note the BC proxy account here.
2) In SSRS Reporting Server Configuration Manager connect to the SSRS instance you are using for your AX reporting** , check the following:
- SSRS services is running. If not start you may start it from this window in reporting server configuration manager
- Service account – make sure it matches your BC proxy account (from step 1). I would reset the password here to make sure it has the correct password
- Execution account – make sure it matches your BC proxy account. Again I would reset the password here to make sure it has the correct password
Note: To find out which SSRS instance you are using for your AX reporting, in AX go to System administration> Setup> Business intelligence> Reporting Services> Report servers. Look for the default configuration you have setup then look for the Report server name.
3) In the Report servers form in AX (System administration> Setup> Business intelligence> Reporting Services> Report servers) check the following –
- Make sure you have a configuration that is marked default
- Check to make sure Report server (SSRS server and instance) and instance name is correct
- Check to make sure the SSRS URLs are correct by browsing to them and make sure they work
- Check to make sure you are pointing to an AOS instance that is running.
4) On the SSRS server, launch the Dynamics AX configuration (client configuration, AXClicfg.exe). Check the business proxy configuration by selecting Configuration Target of “Business Connector (non-interactive use only)” by clicking the drop down arrow at the end of this field. Next, click on the Connection tab, then make sure the BC configuration is pointing to the correct AOS and the AOS is running. If you make any changes in this window, make sure to click on the “Refresh Configuration” button.
5) Restart your AOS, and SSRS service.