What’s New in Dynamics 365 Business Central Release Wave 1 2022
The Dynamics 365 Business Central release wave 1 2022 is full of new and exciting features and software solutions to help you improve your business process.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Release Wave 1 2022
Microsoft’s plan for D365 Business Central release wave 1 is to increase user productivity by providing in-app improvements. It is also expanding the capabilities of the Help page to make it a go-to resource for new and current customers.
Some of the main improvement areas include:
- Application – Microsoft will be responding to popular requests for improvement in this area, including stronger reporting and several enhancements to the supply chain area, among others
- Better with Microsoft 365 – Enhancements to Microsoft Teams integration, Outlook add-ins, OneDrive file sharing, and integration with Excel
- The addition of over 70 new countries gaining access to Business Central
- Development – Event enhancements, new Telemetry features, and other tooling capabilities for developers
- New governance and administration capabilities to help IT professionals and administrators to set up, secure, and oversee customer environments.
- Improvements to integrations between Business Central and Microsoft Dataverse and Power Platform
- Modern Clients – Improvements to the portfolio of clients with a focus on improving solution usability, accessibility, and performance. New features include Copy link from the Share menu, a new desktop app that delivers a full experience in the Microsoft store, control add-in resiliency, and usability improvements to the web client
- Onboarding – A key focus in every release wave, Microsoft aims to onboard customers and new users through context-aware links in the Help pane. A guided tour will familiarize users with settings and tools, support for rich text, and the Role Explorer and how to fill it
- Reporting – New capabilities for financial reporting with account schedules, new pages for report layout administration, and a new report layout design feature in Excel
- Service and Platform – Performance and support related enhancements to help keep Business Central a dependable solution for you to run your business on
- Integrations – Microsoft is adding additional capabilities to the Dynamics CE integration, as well as creating a Shopify connector that will integrate your sales and customer information from Shopify to Dynamics 365/CRM
Visit the Microsoft blog for more information on the Dynamics 365 Business Central Release Wave 1 2022
Please reach out to us if you have any questions regarding this release.