This blog series has been created to assist Dynamics GP end-users in getting familiar with Dynamics Business Central.
Below are the main Sales Order and Receivables Setup Windows for Dynamics GP.
Business Central Sales & Receivables Setup Window
In Dynamics Business Central, the setup windows are combined for both Sales & Receivables, as well as Purchasing & Payables.
The Sales & Receivables Setup window is below. The main callouts from the setup window are:
• Credit Warnings – Identifies the warnings you want to see related to customer balances – overdue and/or credit balances
• Stockout Warning – Identifies warnings if inventory on hand isn’t enough to match the order or invoice
• Ext. Doc No. Mandatory – Identify if an external document number is required on the sales document
• Default Posting Date – the default is the work date – this can be changed on the sales document
• Copying the comments to sales documents – allows the auto-copying of comments from originating documents – the comments follow the flow of the document
• Ignore updated Addresses – if an address is changed on a sales document, should the changes be updated on the customer card. By default, the changes are updated on the customer card.
• Quote Validation Calculation – a formula to calculate how long the quote is good for.
The Dimensions Tab defines default Customer Group Dimensions and Salesperson Dimensions.
The Number Series tab defines the numbering conventions to be used for each of the Sales and Receivables transactions.
Across the top ribbon, Customer Groups bring users into the Customer Posting Groups, Customer Price Groups, and Customer Discount Groups.
Customer Posting groups define the posting accounts for customers. Like using Classes in Dynamics GP, Customer Posting groups can also be used for reporting.
Customer Price Groups define whether a group allows line discounts, invoice discounts and if the Price includes tax.
Customer Discount Groups function like Price Levels in Dynamics GP. This allows users to set Sales Line discounts based on being part of a particular group. The Sales Line Discounts page is shown below. These discounts can be set based on an individual customer, a customer discount group, all customers, or a campaign. Users can define Minimum Quantities for pricing, line discount percentages, and starting and ending dates.
The Payments option off the Sales & Receivables Setup window is where users can set up Payment Methods, Payment Terms, Finance Charge Terms, Reminder Terms, and Rounding Methods.
The Navigate button is another way to navigate to Customer Posting Groups, Customer Price Groups, Customer Discount Groups, and Payment setup information.
For more information on Sales & Receivables Setup, visit this Microsoft Docs page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/dynamics365/business-central/sales-setup-sales