Email Your Documents in Dynamics GP Part One: Cut Costs Not Trees
Microsoft is a leader in designing efficient and cutting-edge technology. It’s no surprise then that it wants to help reduce the impact that office work has on our natural resources. So, if you’re accounting department wants to reduce its paper use, emailing your documents in Microsoft Dynamics GP is an excellent time-saver and a great place to begin.
NOTE: Only Dynamics GP versions 2010R2 and later can email report writer reports. You must also be using Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 (32-bit only)
Email Your Documents in Dynamics GP
So what exactly can be emailed from Dynamics GP?
Report Writer reports – this applies to GP 2010 R2 versions or later (earlier versions do not have the built-in functionality). To email a standard report, choose the following:
– In the Report Options window, click the “E-mail Options” button
– Fill in the recipient details and the email message
– Settings saved with the report option
Formatted Word template reports – this applies to customer documents such as quotes, orders, and invoices. You can also email vendordocuments such as purchase orders and cheque remittances. There are a couple of ways to use Word templates when emailing Customer or Vendor documents. Should you choose to do so, you can predefine email messages in order to email them in batches.
Once the Word template is formatted, you’re ready to email your recipients. To save time and assure consistency, you need to create a standard email message for each document type. Once you’ve written your message, add your email addresses by enabling the email option for each customer and vendor.
In Dynamics GP, go to:
- Tools > Setup > Company > Email Message Setup
- Fill in the standard subject and email body for each document type
- Enter the email address(es) from Customer and Vendor cards using the top email “To:” box
- Tip: Use the bottom email “To:” box for SmartList reporting
- Click the Email button on the Vendor/Customer card
- Activate the types of documents to email
- Specify email format
In part two of “Email Your Documents”, we’ll show you how to modify your Word templates to make them more attractive for presentations.
We hope you found this information helpful. If you require assistance in emailing your documents from Dynamics GP, please contact Stoneridge Software to speak with one of our software consultants.